This data set contains nutritional information for 77 different breakfast cereals. It was used for the 1993 Statistical Graphics Exposition as a challenge data set. We retrieved this data from StatLib at CMU. The data is from the nutritional labels and is in CSV format.
The variables are:
- Cereal name;
- manufacturer (e.g.,Kellogg’s);
- type (cold/hot);
- calories (number);
- protein (g);
- fat (g);
- sodium (mg);
- dietary fiber (g);
- complex carbohydrates (g);
- sugars (g);
- display shelf (1, 2, or 3, counting from the floor);
- potassium (mg);
- vitamins and minerals (0, 25, or 100, respectively);
- weight (in ounces) of one serving (serving size);
- cups per serving.
Manufacturers are represented by their first initial: A=American Home Food Products, G=General Mills, K=Kelloggs, N=Nabisco, P=Post, Q=Quaker Oats, R=Ralston Purina.